Domain Name Search
A domain is the identity of a website. It is important to design your business website according to the business content because without a specific website design, no one will be your authentic customer. Aside from website design, a domain name search on a domain registrar’s website is another important task for a business owner. The domain name registration process involves several steps that provide domain security and maintain the confidentiality of the domain. After Domain Name Search Registration, your website gets listed on the Internet, and users can find your website by the particular domain name.
Domain name selection process
1. A domain name can be classified into three categories, namely TLD, ccTLD, and gTLD.
2. .com, .net, .org, .blog are domain suffixes that can be used after a domain name.
3. Domain registrars can choose any of these various domain suffix options after performing a domain name search on the registrar website.
4. Domain registrars should try to choose a short domain name that is similar to the working profile of the registrar.
5. It can have a positive effect on the mind of the web visitor. Very long domain names are difficult to remember.
Finding Authentic Domain Registrars
After selecting a domain name, the domain registrar must select an authentic domain registrar. Here are some steps to remember before choosing a domain registrar.
1. A domain registrar must be affiliated with ICANN.
2. The domain registration process should be done between the registrar and the registrant. No third party will be involved in the registration process.
3. An authentic domain registrar should ask for personal information after completing your domain name search process. Your name, address, phone number and e-mail address are the primary information for domain registration. This primary information will be listed in the WHOIS register.
4. After receiving this information from you, the registrar sends the information to the registry to perform the technical part of domain name registration.
5. Domain registrars always keep your personal information safe from hackers. ICANN ensures domain registrars about the privacy protection of their personal information.
Role of ICANN for Domain Registration
Before understanding the role of ICANN, you need to know the DNS system or the Domain Name System. DNS is designed to make the Internet accessible to humans. The IP address of a website is a number series that is difficult to remember, whereas DNS uses a letter system rather than a precise number system for the benefit of the user. It helps users to access internet easier than before.
1. ICANN or the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers plays an administrative role with the IP address used by the computer.
2. ICANN is a non-profit organization. For security reasons you cannot have two domain names in the same IP address.
3. ICANN monitors the whole process whether a particular IP address is working for a particular website or not.
4. In the domain registration process, it empowers the registrar to process the domain registration.
How to protect a domain from hackers?
For an e-commerce website, it is important to keep the customer’s bank details and other essential information safe from hackers. Here are some steps that will keep your domain safe from hackers. You need to keep these steps in your mind after fixing the domain name search process.
1. Try to maintain an important password for your web accounts.
2. Change passwords frequently and do not share domain account details with others.
3. Installing effective software can detect any cyber fraud in connection with unauthorized login from another IP address on your domain account.
4. Keep your domain information up-to-date with your registrar; This way, you can identify any suspicious activity on your account.
5. Keep focused on the domain upgrade process.
6. Try to choose a domain registrar that offers a special privacy feature for your domain account.
7. You can provide an advanced level of security with the Domain Lock service.
8. You can add firewall protection to prevent unauthorized access.
Facts about Domain Name Checker for Registration
Many domain registrars offer unique domain registration processes after completing the domain name search on their website,
1. Before initiating the registration process, the Registrar should ensure a valid payment method to the Registrar.
2. Domain Checker can help domain registrants to choose a domain names from TLD options. Domain Checkers will suggest domain suffixes according to your search tool.
3. When you use Domain Name Checker, you do not need to add www in front of the domain name.
4. Make your choice regarding domain suffixes constant; Otherwise, it will confuse your users.
5. The prefix www is required to find the domain as it ensures that the website is present on the World Wide Web. But now www is not needed to search the website.